Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Welcome to my humble abode :)



















Well my room is finally complete - and I love it! The walls are covered, the floor is covered, everything is organized (for a day at least) and somehow I've made a lovely little nest for myself :) Feel free to come visit anytime! Now that I have everything settled.... I'm leaving. Say what?! It's true, but only for the weekend. I leave tomorrow for VA and get back the day before my internship starts... why not travel some more so I can get behind on sleep again before work starts Monday at 8 a.m.?! I went to the hospital where I'll be doing my internship so I could get my lovely I.D. badge made and take a silly little quiz on hospital safety codes/colors. Safety shmafety.
After I received my badge that has my school name misspelled on it... :( I hiked to the top of Mount Jumbo! For anyone who has at least driven through Missoula and seen the two hills with a huge letter "L" and a huge letter "M" on them, I hiked the "L" and it was pretty darn strenuous but BEAUTIFUL! And that's how I was able to pleasure your senses with these lovely photos of Missoula :) The one that's close up of a neighborhood is, you guessed it, not my neighborhood. Wait, bad guessing guys, it IS my neighborhood! The house that's all run-down looking from the outside but actually wonderful on the inside is mine! YEA! (By 'mine' I mean that my roommate and I pay money monthly for this rent-controlled pad and are very lucky to have a spot in Lower Rattlesnake). Our house is the one in the middle and it's blue-grayish and two-story - we're the first floor, some anonymous chick is on the second floor but she parks and enters on the side of the house so we never see her. I also graced the page with the four corners of my room so you can see how wonderful it is :) The kitchen is quite spacious and as you can see through the doorway into the bathroom, I've had my first experience with a bathtub/jerry-rigged curtain-type shower.... it's a learning-curve thing that may take some time. I've already doused the entire cupboard area with water from a small mishap with the shower nozzle during an attempt to reach for/grab my face wash from the sink...
Last night, Hannah and I went to one of the local breweries, The Kettle House, which turned into an evening spent touring some of Missoula's finest pizzerias and dive bars. As always, the high gravities turned out to be my favorites... no good can come of that but it was a fun-filled night to say the least!
Enjoy the pictures and take care! I miss y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Kate,

    Glad you're having fun in big sky country! Keep blogging, I'm enjoying it.

    Cheers,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete