Monday, May 17, 2010
Missoula!
I'm not quite sure what Boonies meant when they told me that Missoula is "just like" Boone, but they were incredibly misleading. To my shock and horror, I found a place in this city called Reserve Street that is jam packed with chain restaurants and stores such as Costco, Best Buy, and Target (ok I wasn't too upset about Target...). What the crap?!? How is that similar to Boonetown!? I'll tell you how - it's not. But by some miracle I have found myself living in the part of town called Lower Rattlesnake which is about 3 miles SE of Reserve St and is pretty much it's own little nook of Missoula. So yes, this part is much like Boone :) At the end of my block are trailheads leading me up into the mountains! I'm a 5 minute walk from the river that runs through town which has a dog park and a bike path right next to it. I've situated my new room and closet and actually found myself putting up my very first tapestry. HA! It's very toned down though - no dancing bears or tie dye, promise. The previous tenant moved to Alaska for the summer and left a ton of random furniture that my roommate, Hannah, and I are trying to fit together/throw out but neither of us are very good at the job so it may take a while. Hannah is great! Although she's been in and out of the house since I've gotten here - I don't think she ever just sits... but that's coming from a lady who will need several days to catch up on rest and relaxation from her five days in the car. We drove around our part of town this morning so I could get the lay of the land. For now I'm going to take a nap and then head out again for some odds and ends and then a nice, long hike :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Kate I'm enjoying your blog. I can't wait to read more! Cheers. -Mike
ReplyDelete